Saturday, April 17, 2010

sunday

2 flights down and one to go. The long one, from Seoul to NY. Sadly I will be sandwiched between 2 people as I drew lucky seat B. Tried my best to get it changed, but no luck.

Actually this trip has been flawless, so I shouldn't complain....except about being stuck in the middle seat and I think I lost my eye glasses... haven't been able to locate them, so it's tiresome to read.

Started the day at 5:30am in my hotel. Packed up and Karen and Greg came to say a last goodbye. They are super great people, I hope all goes well for them and to see them both again someday. Shared a taxi to the airport with a nice couple from S africa. First flight delayed, but only by a half hour.

Arrived in very, very hot and humid Saigon. Dropped my bag at the luggage locker and took the bus to the Ben thanh market. I have about 12 hours to kill... Wandered around and bought a few small things and not only did it start to rain the first rain since I've been here, but it came down sideways and in buckets. I thought it would stop as quickly as it started, but it didn't. After waiting about an hour and going through the packed market again, being hassled to "buy something", I'd had enough and decided to head back to the airport. Here I walked and sat and tried to read and finally boared the flight to Seoul.

Now it's 8:30am and I am upstairs in the beautiful and quiet transit lounge. Thinking I might treat myself to a foot massage, as I have a few more hours to kill. Now I'm really looking forward to getting through this flight and home to my wonderful bed.....

1 comment: