3 flights later and I have arrived at my destination in Hoi An, Vietnam.
First a little about the flights.
NY to Seoul-14+ hours- baby next to me crying about 86% of the time. Watched almost all academy nominated films, but couldn't bring myself to watch Avatar. An interesting one "The imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus". (Terry Gillium and Heath Ledger) The flight attendants kept me laughing. Beautiful petite women with their sing song "thank you and please" voices, but actions.... "Sir, please put seat up, PUSH button" and whack, these delicate ladies are giving one a jolt in the back, I guess she meant now.
Arrived Seoul, bustling airport. I had some time to kill so I went to the tourist and cultural area and made a "free event". Painted a spool in tradition colors and Koren design. Cool, my first art project.
Flight 2, Seoul to HCMC=5+ hours.
A very turbulent flight, the people seemed quite disturbed, although their cries were again melodic. Another baby having a really hard time, I imagine it was his ears. My chance to watch Avatar again... I pass. Man next to me is sneezing and coughing the whole ride. I am certain it's SARS or Pig flu.
Arrive in HCMC- easy cab to hotel. My room is a stark box, clean, but a little claustrophobic. No sleep so I watch "Cannonball Run". Everyone in it is so young!
Up in the morning to see where I am. The buzz of motorbikes is amazing. Oddly quiet for the millions on the rode. It's so cool to watch the near misses. I witnessed a small accident, the causality a side view mirror.... life goes on.
A chance for breakfast. I see a "pho" sign, but Have trouble explaining I am vegetarian. I ask a patron to help explain to the owner. Seems like all is understood until a HUGE bowl of pork arrives. Lots of smiles and "i'm sorries" and I'm still a vegetarian. Go around the corner and have the best Vietnamese ice coffee and green tea, they come together (it's actually brilliant) all for 7,000 VND. Yep that's about 36 cents.
Off to the airport. Easy flight to Da Nang. Steal quite a few Magazines from the plane for my project. Karen and Sang are front and center with my name and Lifestart sign... and we are off.
More later, this keyboard is exhausting me.
Sticky keys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Getting there is half the fun. At least you got a sign!
ReplyDelete